Our little Family

Our little Family

Friday, May 3, 2013

Hematologic Response!

This is Josh writing this blog entry. Today I learned that my white cells are back to normal! My platelets were also normal and my red blood cells are close to normal. This means that I have reached what is called a Hematologic Response. This is the first of three separate responses. It is possible the I could reach the other two by this time next year. Sometimes it takes patients 2+ years. I'm shooting for 1 though. My doctor seemed surprised with me reaching the first benchmark in my treatment already because it typically isn't reached this quickly. What usually takes 3 months took me 4.5 weeks! He told us to go celebrate.

The timing of this great news couldn't have come at a better time as we are leaving to Disneyland on Monday. I am looking forward to quality time with my family as this will serve as a great distraction from everything we have been dealing with here at home.

I am getting stronger day by day and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for his hand in my recovery. I realize this is a chronic illness and something that I will need to continue to monitor but I am making great strides to be able to have a long and normal life. Thank you for all your many thoughts and prayers!
We will be back the end of next week with pictures from our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment